Thursday, April 12, 2007

A Day at the Arcade

I wish I knew his name and see him again.
* * * * * * *


You might be thinking I bumped into a prospect loverboy of some sort, but no. Let's burst that bubble and say I met a little demon in the form of a child. Sorry to sound so rash, but he really got on my nerves.

We were at the arcade, around 6pm, to kill some time since the friends I'm with weren't really in the mood to go home with the sun still bright. One of my buddies asked me if I wanted to race with her. We chose the street racing themed one because I'm liking the Fast and the Furious feel. There was a little boy sitting in one of the seats but seeing that he's not using it and he's got no tokens with him anyway, we asked him nicely to give way so me and my friend can get on with the game. Just as my buddy sat, that boy started bugging us and probably thinking we're some dufus who don't know how the thing works.

"Ilagay mo...ganito oh..ayan oh, tapos pindutin nyo...kasi nga,lagay mo na muna yun!" He kept pestering us for about 5 minutes until his mom pulled him away. Its not yet a happy ending, though.

After we played (and I won haha),the Obnoxious Evil Midget returned. Too bad I was the victim this time. He had a token with him so malakas na ang loob niyang maglaro. I was sitting at the other racing game thingy waiting for my friend, just next to the boy. I was just watching him, and strangely, he kept looking at me as if to say "ganito maglaro. watch and learn" but before he started, he kept tapping me and said "Ikaw tumapak ng pedal". Wait, did I say tap? More like hampas yata. He was too short to reach the 'gas' so just for laughs, thinking he would suck at the race, I gave in.

* * * * * * *

I couldn't believe it.For a 5 year old kid (just an age approximation), he was good. But it still didn't give him the right para buwisitin kami ng ganun. My foot was on the gas the entire time until he finished (he was better than me).So call me uto-uto. I say I hated that kid, but in the end, I realized, fifteen ako and he's less than half my size. Annoying?Absolutely. Harmless? You guessed it. So maybe he was a little demon in the form of a child. That's it really, he IS a kid. :]


I just hope he grows up a gentleman.

No comments: